- SUGGESTED SERVING:
Meno® PRO GLOW 10,000mg Marine Collagen Powder with Essential Vitamins C,B1, B6, B12, B5 & Hyaluronic acid - Unflavoured.
- 10g (10,000mg) Hydrolysed Marine Collagen - 93% protein - Types I and III
- Naticol® fish collagen peptide
- Hyaluronic Acid
- Vitamin B Complex
- Vitamin C
- UK's Highest Collagen content
Meno Pro Glow powder collagen contains vitamins, including 225% of the recommended daily allowance of Vitamin C, 400% of Vitamin B12, 364% of Vitamin B1, 350% of Vitamin B5 and 350% of Vitamin B6.
When should you start?
Research suggests that the best time to start taking collagen is much earlier than we think. The body's natural collagen production starts to decrease more noticeably around our late twenties,so there could be benefits to getting a head start on boosting the body's collagen levels. However, the good news is there are still many advantages from taking collagen at any age.
Collagen thankfully also has a great safety profile and isn't associated with adverse side effects. On top of this, a daily dose of collagen can also help boost your protein intake which is a key macronutrient needed in our later years to help improve our overall health.
Why Marine Collagen ?
- Collagen is a natural skeletal protein and is one of the body's most abundant components, making up nearly 80% of the body's skin, muscles and connective tissue.
- By age 50 years old it is thought that your body has lost a staggering 50% of collagen. It is at this stage that you really start to notice a change in your skin's elasticity and texture.
- Our Meno® PRO GLOW Collagen Powder with Essentials vitamins.
- Each scoop provides a massive 10g of Marine collagen, Folic Acid, Vitamins C, B1, B6, B12, B5, Riboflavin Hyaluronic acid.
- FAST ABSORPTION COLLAGEN - Our Meno® PRO GLOW Collagen Powder with Essentials vitamins uses a fast absorption material containing a mixture of peptides with spectrum range of molecular weights including dipeptides and tripeptides. The low molecular weight grades allow enhanced absorption into the bloodstream after digestion to ensure you get maximum utilisation of your collagen supplement.
- Naticol® is a fish collagen peptide, produced by enzymatic hydrolysis. It is a mixture of peptides with various molecular weights including some dipeptides and tripeptides. • Bioavailability: Naticol® provides the appropriate amino acids which make up the collagen in the body. The low molecular weights grades allow absorption into the bloodstream after digestion. • Quality and traceability: Naticol® is produced in Europe under ISO 9001 and ISO 22000 standards. • Safety: The ionic demineralization and filtrations assure the maximum purity and a high collagen ratio (98% - 99% on a dry matter basis). Sterilization guarantees low bacteria.
- The percentage of collagen that is actually absorbed into your body when ingested (bioavailability) is critical to the effectiveness of the supplement. Bioavailability largely determines how well any nutrient you ingest works.
- Our collagen absorbs quickly into the body and is allowed to make its way to the areas it is needed most.
BenefitsWhy we LOVE Our Meno® PRO GLOW Collagen Powder with Essentials vitamins.
10g Hydrolysed Marine Collagen.
10g of Naticol® Hydrolysed Marine Collagen - 93% protein - Types I & III Collagen, Hyaluronic Acid Biotin Vitamin B Complex Vitamin C.
Why Vitamin C? Without Vitamin C, the body can't form collagen, making this antioxidant an essential cofactor in collagen synthesis.
Why Biotin and Vitamin B complex? Biotin and the Vitamin B family are proven by science to contribute to the maintenance of normal skin and hair, regulate hormones, reduce tiredness and fatigue as well as reduce the loss of bone mineral. All things us women need help with as we age so we thought they would be a welcome addition.
Different types of collagen we use:
- Type 1 Collagen: Minimise fine lines and wrinkles and improves skin elasticity and hydration. Not only does it help rebuild your muscles, eyes, bones, and spine, it’s also good for strengthening your nails and helping you grow stronger, thicker hair. Type 1 collagen is most abundant in Marine Collagen, as used in our Meno Collagens.
- Type III Collagen: Is found in large quantities in your intestines, muscles, blood vessels, and the uterus. It’s most often used with type I collagen for gut healing and to improve skin elasticity and hydration.
Vitamin C contributes to normal collagen formation for the normal function of skin, bones and cartilage.
Riboflavin, Biotin & Niacin contribute to the maintenance of normal skin.
Biotin contributes to the maintenance of normal hair.
One review of 11 studies focusing mostly on women found that taking 3-10 grams of collagen per day led to improvements in skin elasticity and hydrationStudies show that ingesting Hyaluronic acid leads to an improvement in the appearance of skin by softening wrinkles and increasing luster. Biotin contributes to the maintenance of normal hair and skin.Vitamin B12 contributes to the maintenance of normal skin.
A review of five studies with more than 500 participants with osteoarthritis found that taking about 10 grams of collagen daily led to significant improvement in joint stiffness and self-reported joint pain.
Biotin, Vitamin B3, B1, Folic Acid and Vitamin C contribute to normal psychological function.
Vitamins B2, B5, B6, Folic Acid and Vitamin C contribute to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
Vitamin B1, B2, B3, B5, Folic Acid, Biotin and Vitamin C all contribute to normal energy-yielding metabolism which is needed for all functions and activities of the body, including physical activity and exercise.
Vitamin B6 contributes to the regulation of hormonal activity.
Vitamin B12, B6 and Folic Acid contribute to the normal function of the immune system.
Ingredients & Dose
Adults, add 1 level scoop of powder to 250ml water, hot drinks, smoothies, food, etc. Collagen dissolves more effectively when shaken rather than stirred. It can be used in a cold or warm drink, added to smoothies, food, etc, though it will dissolve better under tepid conditions. Do not exceed recommended daily dose.
10.35mg scoop included in tub - one scoop typically provides:
|Thiamin (Vitamin B1)||4mg||364%|
|Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)||6mg||429%|
|Niacin (Vitamin B3)||17mg||106%|
|Folic Acid (Vitamin B9)||200mcg||100%|
|Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5)||21mg||350%|
|Hydrolysed Marine Collagen (93% Protein)||10g (10,000mg)|
*NRV = Nutrient Reference Value
Allergy Advice: Potential allergens are shown in bold in the ingredient list. Although rigorous precautions are taken to prevent any cross-contamination, this product is manufactured in a facility that handles allergy-based materials.
Ingredients: Hydrolysed Marine Collagen (fish), Vitamin C (as Calcium Ascorbate), Sodium Hyaluronate, Pantothenic Acid (as Calcium Pantothenate), Niacin (as Nicotinamide), Riboflavin, Thiamin (as Hydrochloride), Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine Hydrochloride), D-Biotin, Folic Acid, Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin).
CautionsAlways consult your health practitioner before taking nutritional supplements, especially if you are taking medication or are under medical supervision. You should not take supplements as a substitute for a varied balanced diet or healthy lifestyle. Store in a cool dry place, out of reach of children. Not suitable for vegetarians or vegans. Meno® supplements are not a constitute as medicine and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Do not use if you are pregnant, think you are pregnant or are breast feeding.
How long does collagen take to work?
How Long Does Collagen Take to Work on Skin?
In 2015, a study published by the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology found that oral collagen peptide supplementation resulted in the decrease of visible signs of skin ageing. The study showed there was a decrease in the number of wrinkles in the skin, alongside a substantial increase in skin moisture. In terms of time taken to see these results, the study found minor results by week 4, and major results at 12 weeks, with wrinkles decreasing up to 31.2% in the clinical trial.
So, when it comes to skin, results time does vary from person to person. You may be one of the lucky ones who see results within a week. However, this particular concludes that collagen will work from 4 weeks and show maximum results within 12 weeks.